Tuesday, October 21, 2008

random

none of my thoughts have been coherent enough for a post. thus, the bullets:
  • this is week 2 of having-something-to-do-every-night week. can i whine about being tired?
  • i know i haven't posted any pictures of me sans braces. well i have, but i'm not sure if you could tell or not. maybe i'll take more pictures.
  • speaking of pictures, i'm wanting a new camera. i was at best buy last night with my family, and i started looking at them. mine is so old and slow, and i really, really, really want a new one. really. the thing is if i save for just 2 months, i can get it. i'm really questioning my patience though. now that i think about it, if i have to wait 2 months anyway, i might as well ask for it for christmas. ok, hernandez family, who's gonna buy me the camera?!
  • still tired.
  • when i was in elementary school, i remember being really jealous of my teachers. they were able to have drinks on their desk all the time, but we couldn't. the teacher i remember having a sonic drink more than anyone else was my 3rd grade teacher (does anyone else remember that?). whenever we would complain about it, our teachers would say the same thing: "when you go to college and get a degree, you can have all the drinks you want." i have taken that to heart. joey came by yesterday with a drink for me and my aide, and my kids started their complaining. "miss hernandez! why can't we have a sonic drink? that's not fair!" guess what i told them? that's right-"when you got to college and get a degree, you can have all the drinks you want." i've become my mother AND my teachers all rolled into one. yikes.
  • speaking of sonic, one of my student's stepdad owns the area sonics. before i knew that, i told him my favorite fast food was chick-fil-a. double yikes. i was mortified when someone told me later what he does for a living. open mouth, insert foot.
  • my dinner is cooking as i type-beef tips over rice. it smells so good in my house right now. so good.
  • we're doing parent-teacher conferences right now. i have them before school. i have them after school. i'll probably have to reschedule some during school. thus, i'm tired. but they are going so well. i am truly blessed to have a class whose parents are involved in their child's education.
  • actually, i'm blessed period. i have a great family. great friends. great church family. great job with great teachers. a great car (oh! i owe you pictures on that one too, huh?). and i'm about to tear into my delicious supper. yes indeedy, i'm blessed.
  • this has turned into a rather long post, hasn't it? i'm not finished.
  • i think because i've had such long days, this week has gone by slowly. i feel like it should be friday already. oh i wish.
  • i'm gonna have a great weekend! my cousin's coming into town (with her friend) and i love spending time with her. i always laugh when i'm around her. actually, most of the time i'm laughing at myself because she's making fun of me (wait a second...). then on sunday morning lennon is preaching at our church. that's always exciting news!
  • food's finished cooking. gotta go!

1 comment:

mari said...

I'm on my way over for some beef tips!