Saturday, October 11, 2008

a nice surprise

yesterday morning i got a nice surprise: my best friend from high school (and elementary and junior high) texted me and told me that she would be in town this weekend. i was so excited! i haven't seen her since she got married (over a year ago...yikes!) so i was definitely going to make time to see her...like i'm so busy. =)

anyway, we met tonight and it was so great catching up. we were on a time limit, but we definitely could have talked much longer. now that i think about it, back in the day we would be in school together all day, and then talk on the phone after school until my dad told me to get off the phone. yes, i was one of those girls. i'm sure you're shocked.

as i was driving home, i realized what a blessing our friendship has been to me. we met in the 3rd grade and have been best friends since then. as expected, we didn't see each other as much in college, but we were able to pick up wherever we left off. now she lives far, far away from san angelo, but i still consider her my best friend. God has definitely been good to us. i love you, amanda!

No comments: