Friday, October 3, 2008

mechanical pencils

so one of the drawbacks of 1st grade is the constant sharpening of pencils. i try to keep a rather large number of sharpened pencils, but by the end of the day it always dwindle down to...zero (side note: i found all those missing pencils this morning. they were behind a bookcase.)

anyway, a couple of weeks ago one girl came to me and asked me to sharpen her pencil. i sharpened it and then jokingly said, "and don't come back for 3 weeks!" my aide laughed and said, "wouldn't it be nice if we only had to sharpen pencils every 3 weeks?!" i suddenly had an idea: i would invent a pencil that didn't have to sharpened every day. then about 5 seconds later it hit me...

we already have that. it's called a mechanical pencil.

1 comment:

team D said...

that is one thing that drove me crazy when kids would sharpen pencil while everyone else was quit and working.
came upon you from a friends blog.