Wednesday, October 1, 2008

my brother's a movie star!!!!

as some of you know, joey has been involved in musical theatre for a little while now. it's really neat that he gets to do it, and i've enjoyed seeing him in his element. this past may, joey was ryan evans in high school musical. as it turns out, my 1st graders are huge fans of that movie.

about the 3rd day of school, joey brought me lunch (chick-fil-a of course) so i introduced him to my class. a mom told me a few days later that her daughter told her, "mom! my teacher's brother was in high school musical!" she was clearly very impressed.

last week joey was a sweetheart and brought me a drink while i was at school. i was just finishing up reading groups when he walked in. of course my kids got really excited, and then even more so when they saw that he was wearing his high school musical shirt. i heard someone ask him, "are you going to be in high school musical 3?" he laughed and said no.

later my aide just kind of mentioned in passing something that i think is true: they think joey was in the movie, not the play.

my brother's a movie star!

No comments: