Wednesday, October 22, 2008

my orthodontist hates me

well, not really. here's the story:

i had to go back to the ortho to get my new retainers today. i sat there in the chair, trying to learn how to put on my retainers and take them out (hey, i had a hard time, ok?). anyway, when the nurse was finished, she said, "ok, now the doctor has to see you and then you can go." when my orthodontist came over to check on me, i instantly knew there would be trouble. he grabbed my top retainer, looked at it, and sighed really loudly. i heard him mumble, "this is not what i asked her to make."

sure enough, they made the wrong type of retainer for me. guess what i had to do over?

that's right: impressions.

everyone in the office just gave me a look of pity because they all know how i am-a big baby. i thought about not getting the numbing spray, but when the technician put the tray in my mouth just to see if it fit (there was no goo in the tray at all), i gagged. the numbing spray was the lesser of two evils. the good news is that they only had to do it once.

stupid impressions.

4 comments:

lisoto said...

poor baby. sounds like u need a new outfit. So do you have problems swallowing pills????

Bethany Hernandez said...

actually i don't. pills don't bother me at all...but a new outfit sounds about right =)

AF Drummer said...

i didn't know they had nurses at the dentist office?

And I'm sorry that you had to do that again, but I'm sure you pulled through quite courageously!

gulp235 said...

i can just picture the gagging and stuff...