Monday, October 6, 2008

an incredibly amazing day

yes, it's true. i had a wonderful day. let's start at the beginning.

it's my goal to get to work by 7:00 every morning. on the days it actually happens (like twice since school started), i get 45 uninterrupted, blissful minutes to myself. it's pretty crazy how much work i can get done in 45 minutes. but like i said, i don't always make it by 7. so my realistic goal has become 7:15 a.m. this morning, i got to work about 7:10...pretty good considering i was so completely slow at getting out of bed when my alarm went off.

anyway, i got a lot of work done before i had to pick up my kiddos, and the morning just flew by. i walked them to p.e. and when i got back to my desk there was a cute pumpkin dish filled my favorite-m&ms. yummo! there was no card or name, so i asked my aide where it came from and she said, "i don't know...i guess the autumn bug!" hmmm.....at least the autumn bug knows my taste!

when i walked my kids to lunch, i discovered that we had a teacher luncheon today. i had no clue that it was supposed to be today, but it was definitely a nice surprise! we had all sorts of great food. i would just like to say that i have a new favorite casserole (actually i wasn't even sure i had a favorite casserole before this). somebody made a hashbrown casserole with crushed corn flakes on top. yummo!

later, my sweet momma bought me a sonic drink. i am always in the mood for a sonic drink! then after school, i met some friends at preppers. i'm thinking that preppers is God's gift to non-cookers. kelli and i have some incredible dinners for this week: southwest mac & cheese, steak caesar, beef & broccoli, and mediterranean shrimp. that's right, we have all that. and the servings are only for two, so sorry. =) however, you NEED to try preppers if you haven't. it is seriously amazing. there are no words to describe how great this place is. and when you go, call me to go with you. i think i'm addicted to that place.

and finally, i came home and worked on lesson plans that are now completed for next week. i was productive today. i don't know what to do myself.

2 comments:

AF Drummer said...

Im glad you had a great day! Im very proud of you for getting all your stuff done. Now you can play!! WOO WOO!

gulp235 said...

i wanna go to preppers! i remember you talking about that before.