Tuesday, October 14, 2008

funnies from today

one of the horrible things about braces is getting the impressions done. they stick a mouth mold filled with nasty goo into your mouth to make impressions of your teeth. when i got it done before they put my braces on, i gagged. nobody told me i had to do it again after i had the braces taken off. again, i was less-than-thrilled. then the technician told me that she could numb my throat so i wouldn't gag. all it involved was her spraying something in the back of my throat. it sounded like a great idea to me, so i told her to go for it. i gagged on the spray. lovely. to make matters worse, the impressions on my top teeth kept coming out wrong, so they did that particular impression FOUR TIMES! being the incredibly smart person that i am, i told them to keep numbing my throat so i wouldn't gag on the goo. i gagged on the spray three times instead. seriously, what is wrong with me? (jeremy, don't you dare answer that question!)

then, the technician made me laugh because when she would take the mold out of my mouth, she would say, "now this is going to suck a little." she meant that it would create a suction, but i was definitely agreeing with her!

i didn't tell my kids exactly where i was going today. i just told them that i had a dr. appointment. when i came back, my aide asked the kids, "can you tell what's different about miss hernandez?" it took .9 seconds for a couple of them to figure it out (i was also smiling really big-that may have helped). one of the them said, "miss hernandez, you look beautiful without braces!" i'm still wondering how i should have taken that.

whatever. my braces are off and i'm happy!

5 comments:

mari said...

This is cause for celebration! I'm sure you do look beautiful, and I'm sorry that getting your braces off sucked. : )

Bethany Hernandez said...

hey, we should go to grandy's!!!!

Unknown said...

pictures please!!!

SarahMc said...

You remind me of the mom's that are in labor and have horrible pain, but don't want the epidural because they are scared it will hurt...

gulp235 said...

i can't wait to see the pearly whites! =)

oh and sarah... i'm one of those people who was in excrutiating pain yet refused to take an epidural because i was afraid of the big needle!!!