Tuesday, July 17, 2007

you go girl...

yesterday my friend, kasey, started a new job. she was working at a local bank but now is working as the intern for the baptist student ministries at asu.

we both started out as music majors; i bailed, of course. but because of my job in the music department and my involvement in the choir, i still got to see her. i have loved having kasey as my friend. she's an amazing, godly person and she has helped me so much.

kasey is incredibly gifted as a writer and musician. her music is beautiful, and i recently read something that she wrote that just spoke to my heart.

what's weird is that for the past year or so, our situations have been almost exactly the same. God knew five years ago that i would need kasey as my friend. now i have the benefit of being encouraged by her every week. it's wonderful. her walk with God has blessed me.

this year, she has the opportunity to invest into the lives of others. i'm excited to see how God will use her in the coming months. i'm thankful that other young girls will have the privilege of knowing kasey. i know that she will be a huge blessing to the bsm.

now we have similar jobs. how cool!

kasey,
i'm so proud that you have followed God in this. being in the ministry is hard, but worth every single moment. i look forward to the times that we will get to sit and chat about what God is doing in our ministries! i'm so grateful that God gave me a friend like you. you are going to do a wonderful job this year for the bsm. love ya girlie!
~star

No comments: