Wednesday, July 18, 2007

my "oldies"

i am not old.

i repeat: i am not old.

but courtney sure thinks so. i was at her apartment a few weeks ago looking for something to watch on tv. guess what i found?

the fresh prince of bel-air.

i was thrilled. as i sat there laughing out loud at a hilarious episode (aren't they all hilarious? good stuff...), courtney looked up from her computer and said 7 words that made me feel old.

"so is this from your day?"

my day? my day? MY DAY?

i am not old enough to have "a day." or so i thought.

i was putting old songs on my mp3 player. the songs? "i just called to say i love you"-stevie wonder; "unchained melody"-righteous brothers; "three times a lady"-the commodores

and then, the clincher: "gangster's paradise." it took me back to the days of fifth grade. yes, fifth grade.

i AM old enough to have a day.

this is depressing.

maybe a dr. pepper will make me feel better.

1 comment:

kj said...

that is hilarious! how could fresh prince be from someone's day? is it that old? are we that old? am i that old?? i am even older than you, my friend. oh no...