Wednesday, July 11, 2007

weird?

i did something last night that i've been wanting to do for a long time.

i sat in a hot tub with some friends. it was fun. i loved it.

i told one of my friends on the way over there that something weird had been happening lately.

this past semester, i kept seeing flower delivery vans EVERYWHERE. and it depressed me because i love to get flowers. love it love it love it. if a guy sends me flowers, i just melt (which, looking back, was probably my problem). i can't help it. i'd take flowers over chocolate any day. if you give me flowers and dr. pepper, i'm yours.

anyway, i was really wanting flowers from someone. it didn't even have to be a cute guy. i just wanted flowers! so in the middle of all this wanting, a friend of mine shows up to small group with flowers in her hand. she said to me, "i just wanted to get you something since you open your home to us every week."

they were gorgeous. i cried.

then a few weeks ago, i was thinking that i really, really wanted to sit in a hot tub. it's one of my favorite pastimes, next to reading and sleeping (and shopping, when i have the money).

then yesterday my friend calls and says, "we're gonna go sit in the hot tub tonight; do you wanna come?"

is the pope catholic? are west texas summers hot? am i addicted to dr. pepper and chick-fil-a?

yes, i would love to come.

so as i'm explaining all of this to my friend, i realize that everything big that has happened to me, i've pretty much had a feeling that it would happen. there are only two times that i was caught completely off guard.

this has been going on for a while. i'm not telling you about all the other stuff because that's just too personal. let's just say that this has become pretty consistent. it's almost as if i start thinking about something, it happens (not always a good thing, by the way).

i wanted flowers; i got 'em.

i wanted to sit in a hot tub with friends; i did it.

i want a million dollars...

No comments: