Saturday, July 21, 2007

the hernandez family goes on vacation

i guess i forgot to tell you i'm in dallas for the weekend.

silly me.

i came with my family for a mini (and i do mean mini) vacation. the six of us haven't traveled together in a long time. i was ready to pull my hair out in ballinger.

we went to six flags in arlington, thanks to my dad's students (they got us season passes...God bless them). it was fun, except for one thing.

now i like to think of myself as a fairly smart person. i know not to run with scissors in my hand. i don't pick up hitchhikers. i don't spit in the wind.

all that went down the drain today. when we left san angelo, i knew we were gonna go to six flags. it was kinda the whole point of this trip. but i forgot to bring a ponytail holder for my hair. and i didn't realize it until we were already in the park. we walked around for hours in the hot sun and i was sweating profusely (nice image, i know). having my hair up would have made a really big difference in how hot i was. but i'm stupid.

the rest of the day went much better. we came back to my aunt and uncle's house, where they made us dinner (great potato salad, tia y!). it was gooooood. then we went to mardel, a christian bookstore that also has educational supplies. going to mardel always depresses me because i end up wanting to buy everything in the store. but i did buy a soundtrack to sing at church. wanna hear something funny? my dad bought a book called the blogging church. :)

after mardel was the mall. i got some way cute jewelry at charlotte russe. i finally got more earrings, daddy!

kelli is currently arguing with my aunt about something you really don't want to know about.

kelli just asked her how to use the washing machine.

yikes.

No comments: