Friday, March 21, 2008

tomorrow, tomorrow, i'll love ya, tomorrow

tomorrow i am going somewhere very exciting.

in the morning, i am leaving for san antonio (gotta love that city) to see phantom of the opera! yes, i've seen it before, as well as the movie, but i love seeing it on stage. the first time i saw it was in houston, and i was mesmerized from the very beginning. i can't wait for tomorrow.

this has been the best spring break i've ever had. i understand that a lot of it probably has to do with the fact that it's a break from school, but on monday i realized something else too. there are some things that define my family, and probably the two right under God are music and sports.

when i mentioned to someone that my first major in college was music and that mom and dad are both choir directors, she said, "oh! so music's in your blood!" um yeah, i'd never really thought of it that way. maybe that's why i felt like such a failure when i decided to change my major halfway through. i love music, but i would have been miserable as a music teacher. changing my major was one of the best decisions i've ever made, but music is still a part of me. i even stayed in the asu choir while i was an education major because i couldn't give it up. there's something so special about making music with someone else. and i really miss being in a choir. i miss my choir director, dr. lee. i miss her hilarious antics and silly ways to motivate us. i miss it.

then there's basketball. you know how much i love the spurs. and march madness is my favorite time of year (mostly because it's around the time of my birthday...whatever). but being able to spend this week watching live games and games on t.v. has been wonderful. this break has been about two things that i love dearly-two things i don't get to do or experience on a daily basis because i'm so taken up with teaching. don't get me wrong: i love teaching. but music and basketball are big parts of what make me me.

that's why this week has been so great.

oh, and eating at pappasitos tomorrow for lunch won't hurt either =)

No comments: