Monday, March 10, 2008

q & a with miss hernandez

first things first: it's my birthday week! are you getting excited?!

i decided not to mention anything about my birthday to my kids this week. i've been throwing not-so-subtle hints about it for a week, so i wanted to see if they would remember at all. as i was taking lunch count, i said the date out loud. as soon as i did, they all said, "five more days until your birthday!" such smart kids they are.

then this afternoon one boy came to my desk with a blank piece of paper. he slapped it down on my desk, grabbed a pencil, and said, "all right, i need to ask you some questions." he then proceeded to ask me my all of my favorites. when i asked him why, he said, "oh i don't know. maybe because of a certain special occasion coming up...perhaps your birthday?" and thus began a spontaneous q & a session with miss hernandez.

i don't know. i just don't know.

2 comments:

kj said...

how stinkin' cute!

Unknown said...

haha..that's awesome! You're gonna get some pretty good stuff! Just one of the perks of being a teacher and celebrating your birthday at school! ;0)