Tuesday, February 12, 2008

hmmmm

my kids are at recess right now. i am, for the moment, caught up on all my work.

oh wait! i just remembered a couple of things that i have to do! oh well. i already started this post.

i had a sweet surprise today. when i was in high school, i tutored a little girl in 5th grade in math. there were actually quite a few of us in my class who tutored 5th graders that year. i remember that i would go to her class on tuesdays and thursdays after school to help her. one day she handed me $10. i looked at her with a blank look on my face until she explained, "it's for helping me." i quickly recovered (yeah right) and told her that she didn't need to pay me. she smiled and said, "my grandmother says i should because you're helping me."

now she's in 11th grade, and i feel really, really old. what makes me feel even older is that she started working at chick-fil-a, so i see her quite a bit (though not as much as b.b. - before budget - grrrrr). i'm quite confident that she always gives me back the correct change!

anyway, i went to the office this morning to drop some papers off, and there was a lady in there that looked familiar, but i couldn't really place her. she asked if i was the new 3rd grade teacher and i told her that i was. she got excited and said, "oh! you tutored my granddaughter when she was in 5th grade! i've been wanting to thank you all these years because she is doing great." i was amazed that she even remembered me from...well, a long time ago.

it's so nice to be appreciated - even if it's from years ago.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey you never let us know what that site was for your budget? what are you using?