Monday, January 28, 2008

who knew?

i had the most wonderful monday EVER. i wasn't sure how great it was going to be since i had to be at school earlier than usual, but oh my word, God smiled down on me today.

to start off, i didn't get to my room until 8:15 this morning because we were signing up 2nd and 3rd graders for a program that we do here called live museum. i usually write on the board what i like for my students to do for the first 15 minutes of the day before i actually start teaching. the last thing written on the board for today was "sit in your seat and wait for class to begin."

i was nervous that i would arrive at my room to find utter chaos. instead, i walked in and saw my class playing heads up, 7 up to occupy themselves until i got there. were they loud? no. were they jumping off the walls? no. were they out of their seats? well, only those that were "it". the rest had their hands down and their thumbs up.

holy cow! my kids were being so good! i was in shock. total shock. and i was so happy. i went on and on about how great they already made my day because they were being good and NOT TALKING (that's huge in our class). i was so stinkin' proud. i even gave them 30 minutes of free time this afternoon because they were so good. they informed me today that they're going to try to do this every day. we'll see how that goes....

after that, we went to lunch, and i had completely forgotten that today was our teacher's luncheon. oh it was so good.

then, i got home and my grandmother was cleaning my house! yes, cleaning my house! does it get any better than this? i don't think so.

also, kelli got a job today! woo hoo! i am very excited about this job. that means that she can pay for stuff now!

and on top of all of that, kelli also updated her blog. it's almost too much for me to take in.

the only fly in this day was that the internet didn't work at school, but i refused to let it ruin my day.

now i'm off to cook chicken fried steak and green beans with bacon. we like to eat healthy around here.

yummo!

2 comments:

kj said...

is that true story? or were you teaching fiction/nonfiction today? i cannot ever, in my wildest dreams, picture kids doing that with their teacher out of the room!

:) congrats my friend. what a fabulous monday!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is a pretty awesome day! I'm extremely jealous ;0)