Tuesday, January 22, 2008

again with the waiting

i woke up this morning with a prayer request on my mind. it's something i've been praying for for over 3 1/2 years. there's more of an urgency today though. i don't know why, because honestly i don't even know all of the details. but it's heavy on my mind. when i got out of bed praying, i had a sudden thought. i asked God, "are you tired of me asking you to do this?" then i smiled to myself and said, "forget i asked, it's really early." i don't know what prompted me to think that, but rest assured that God does not get tired of us asking. God has been speaking to me through devotions and sermons about how important my perserverance is, and i'm not about to quit now.

but it reminded of another prayer request i have before the Lord. unlike the one before, it's a new one. but it's a desire i truly have. in my mind, God will have to work a miracle for this to happen the way i want it. maybe it's not God's will. maybe it is. maybe i'm being too analytical on a tuesday morning. whatever the case, one thing has become perfectly clear to me this morning:

God does hear my prayers, and He will make things known to me in His own timing, not in mine-especially since the uncanny ability to mess things up. but His answer right now is to WAIT.

No comments: