Tuesday, January 1, 2008

she works hard for the money

i've spent the last two days working in my classroom. it's actually been fun. i was dreading it because i knew there was so much cleaning to do, but my family, especially kelli and my mom, have helped me so much. even my grandmother came today to clean the room (muchas gracias, wita). now all i have to do tomorrow is put up the rest of the bulletin board stuff and finish my lesson plans (eek! they might have been due earlier-i'm not sure). i've been super blessed with gift certificates to the teacher store and with an aunt and uncle who bought me some more stuff in dallas (lewisville? hurst? plano?). in fact, when i handed my gift certificates to the lady at the teacher store, she looked at both of them and said, "wow, somebody must love you." how incredibly true.

i really didn't think the room would come together this quickly, but it has. it helps that the room is small too. even my mom, tia sandy, and cheli helped me cut out some stuff that i laminated today. AND cheli's making me some curtains for my room (brown and turquoise-super cute). could i be any more blessed?

i'm planning to take my camera tomorrow to take pictures after i'm completely finished. just don't expect them any time soon. i'm waaaay behind on pictures. i know you're sad. i know you've been looking forward to these pictures. i just know it. don't lose heart.

they're coming.

really.

1 comment:

lisoto said...

Lewisville. Home of the Fighting Farmers!!!!

Can't wait for the pictures!!!

And you are very welcome! It's just what any uncle/AP would do for a niece/teacher :)