Tuesday, October 9, 2007

losing control

today i lost it.

absolutely, incontrollably, pee-in-your-pants lost it.

right in front of the kids.

when we came in from recess after lunch, the kids went to the carpet so we could do some math stuff. i was about to open my mouth to tell them we were going to start when someone (a little boy of course) let one go. i mean, really let it go. there was no hiding it. when i looked at him, his eyes were huge. poor guy-i think he was really embarrassed and he thought i was going to say something. so the whole time i'm looking at him, i'm trying my hardest not to laugh or even crack a smile. his expression was just adorable and trust me, it was a HUGE internal fight not to laugh. i finally had myself under control when the girl next to him looked at him and said,

"EW, THAT WAS A WET ONE!"

oh my stars-there was no holding back. i just couldn't help myself. when the kids saw me laughing, they started laughing too. and that cute little boy just laughed along. he wasn't embarrassed anymore once he saw that he got a laugh out of everyone, including the teacher.

so it took me a good 2-3 minutes to get control of the class again, but it was worth it.

if this happens again, i'm in trouble. they know what to do to get ms. hernandez laughing now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha..that's awesome

lisoto said...

too funny! We had a good laugh reading this....Lionel laughed harder than I did!!

gulp235 said...

gross beth! too bad for the kid if it was a wet one. JK! i'm happy to hear they were able to make you laugh!

Christal said...

I would have loved you as a teacher! hahaha that is too funny!