Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the joys of teaching

i know i've said this before, but i am so blessed to be where i am. today i heard some stories from other student teachers who do NOT have it as good as i do. both the teachers that i've had are doing everything they can to help me out. i told kelli the other day that if it wasn't for the encouragement that i get from my university supervisor, the principal and my teachers, i would feel like student teaching was kicking my butt. i'm still a little overwhelmed, especially with making the jump from kindergarten to 4th grade, but i feel like i can do it. i have confidence in myself because my superiors have confidence in me.

and it hit me the other day that this is why i want to be a teacher. i want my students to be confident to try anything and to do anything because ms. hernandez really believes that they can.

i was feeling sorry for myself a few weeks ago because i'm not as involved in ch. 1 as i would like to be. i really miss being able to talk to everyone and plan fun stuff like we did all summer long. i felt like wasn't even making a difference in anyone's life. but then i saw the faces of 21 kindergarteners and 21 fourth graders who depend on me to teach them, to be their mentor, to be their encouragement.

this is teaching.

pray for me.

1 comment:

Christal said...

lets just say you are very missed at Chapter 1 but we know you are out there doing great things for the Lord in the workplace. And that's what its all about. We are proud of you and when we do get to see you we are blessed! Love you Bethany.