Thursday, October 4, 2007

happy (belated) birthday, mac!

this past sunday was my good friend mac's birthday. that's not really her name, but i wasn't sure if she wanted her name on here on not.

i had planned to write this really nice blog about her but, well, you know what happened.

so here's the short version:

mac is incredible. we finally got to see each other a couple of months ago for the first time in about 3 years. it was so great to see her. and we saw each other 2 weekends in a row! woo hoo!

we've known each other since we were in the 2nd grade, and she has always been amazingly self-disciplined. she told me what time she gets up so she can be at work early (holy cow! super early!), and i just know that when her alarm clock goes off, she actually gets out of bed. i, on the other hand, turn my alarm off, contemplate the necessity of my involvement in the day, and then roll out of bed.

back to mac.

she's has been a great encourager to me. in high school, i could always talk to her knowing that she would support me no matter what. she was my rock in 10th grade. (remember that tumultuous year, mac?)

so, mac, happy belated birthday! i'm so happy that everything is going well in yours and josh's life. thanks for being a great friend to me, even if we don't get to see each other all the time. i love you.

No comments: