Monday, March 9, 2009

patience. ha.

God's sense of humor is not lost on me. i just don't find it funny all the time.

we are in the middle of a series at church called people. we've talked about being grateful for the people in your life, praying for the people in your life, and then yesterday was being patient with the people in your life. they've been great sermons (and no, i'm not saying that because my dad's the pastor. if it gets me a free meal, so be it). i knew what yesterday's sermon would be about because 1) i twitter (and you should too!) and 2) i do the bulletin for church so i see the announcements early.

as i was formatting the text box that held the announcement about being patient with the people in your life, the two people who require the most patience in my life walked in the door: kelli and roddick. kelli walked in talking (rather loudly, but that might have been just my headache) and of course roddick bounded in with his usual energy and started sniffing around me just in case i had some food that i hadn't surrendered to him yet.

i was not amused.

and then i thought about it and started laughing. unfortunately, the irony occurred to me during church, which made for a very uncomfortable five minutes while i attempted to calm myself.

sorry, daddy. thanks for listening to your own sermon.

No comments: