Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the actual day

it took me exactly one week and three days to realize that i never blogged about my actual birthday. i know that you've been anxiously awaiting this post. don't lie.

my birthday fell on a sunday this year, and i was absolutely sure that dad would let me skip church on my birthday. no such luck. i did, however, get starbucks before i went to church, courtesy of my mom's gift card. then my mom made some biscuits for me since those are my favorite (and since i refuse to ever make biscuits again. i'm serious).

after church (which was good), we went to eat at red lobster. it was delicious, of course. a sweet family from our church happened to be there too, so they sent over an oh-so-delicious dessert of a chocolate chip cookie with fudge in the middle and topped with ice cream. we all had some. then after we ate, my mom and dad took me to get my birthday present from them: a director's chair for my classroom! i've been wanting one since i started teaching last year, and i could never find one. turns out pier one here in san angelo has had them all along. i love it! it's a dark wood with green cloth. the cool thing is that i can change out the cloth whenever i want.


isn't it beautiful? i love it.

after we got it, kelli, ryan, and i went to the school to set it up, then i went home for a nap. the evening service was wonderful because we had a guest speaker, mario escobedo. he's been at solid rock church before and we all loved him, so it was nice to have him and his wife back at src. after the service, we went to another pastor's house to eat supper and visit. it was such a great idea to do that because we ended up visiting a long time...until midnight! there's something special about being with other pastors and their families. fun times.

so there it is-my birthday in a nutshell. as i was writing thank you notes for all of my gifts, i realized just how blessed that i am. i have had a wonderful 25 years. thank you, God, for all these blessings.

No comments: