Saturday, March 14, 2009

mom's birthday

mom turned 50 this year!!!

since we always go out to eat as a family on friday nights, i figured it wouldn't be too hard to throw a surprise party on a friday night. boy, was i wrong. mom and her friend decided to throw a baby shower that day, and then ryan's coach added another game that night too. after talking to some of my mom's friends, we decided to go ahead with dinner, even though it would be a little late.

my aunt and uncle from dallas came in for the celebration. my aunt even helped me get my mom's birthday present. we were actually able to pull off the surprise, and mom was definitely shocked! here she is opening presents:


pretty jewelry


coffee!


bathroom accessories to match the bathroom they're remodeling


opening the big present. since we didn't get a picture of the present after we opened it, i'll just tell you. kelli, joey, and i went in together and got her a keurig coffee brewer. it brews gourmet coffee one cup at a time. we even got the model that can make iced tea. i'm enjoying it (and i'm sure my mom is too!).

No comments: