Friday, March 20, 2009

birthday celebration #2 - the school

i know i've mentioned that i have the most wonderful aide, but i feel like it's worth mentioning again. she knows exactly how i think, so i feel completely comfortable when she has to take over for me (remember the fire episode? yeah...)

anyway, she was the one who put together my surprise birthday party for school. when i walked into my room, this was on my board.


it was a birthday banner signed by all the first graders (some of my kids wanted to write on the board too. it's kind of a big deal)

then, after lunch, one of the room moms brought cupcakes and juice for the first grade classes. that's where i got my next gift:


that's right-dublin dr. pepper!

when i walked back to my room after lunch, there was a way cute jar on my round table.


inside the jar was a plethora (i like that word) of gift cards to my favorite places. they were all from my students. the zebra box had another gift card to sunset mall from the other teacher and aides. the silver bag had the dublin dr. pepper in it, and the flowers were from my principal.

my students were besides themselves with excitment about giving me my cards. i got cards to chick-fil-a, sonic, starbucks, cinemark, subway, hastings, and red lobster. one of student's mom is a photographer, and she gave me a certificate for a free studio session. i'm so excited!

apparently the theme of my party was "gift cards to miss hernandez's favorite places." it was an amazing day and i left school that day feeling so blessed. thank you, Jesus.

No comments: