Monday, January 26, 2009

fantastic

fantastic. that is my word for the day. pretty much because i had the most fantastic day today. it wasn't just any one thing, but many things that united to make a happy, happy bethany today.

the day actually started out a little rough, but something happened to my little darlings right after lunch/recess because they were the most angelic kids i have ever seen. i was explaining their work to them, and i noticed that all eyes were on me (rarely happens) with no one talking (never happens). some even had their hands folded on their desks. such angels. i told them that if they could stay still and not talk, even during our other activities for the day, then they would all get something from the treasure box. one girl raised her hand and asked, "so basically, you want us to be perfect?" i nodded my head, to which she emphatically replied, "okay!" okay...

they were actually full of questions, such as what if everyone except for one person is quiet? what if we whisper? what if we stay quiet the whole week? do we get an even bigger prize?

i told them we should take it one day at a time. trust me, a whole week is a little ambitious. but yes, they do get a surprise if they stay quiet the whole week. haha.

anyhoo, right after school i had an appointment to get my nails done. they look fantastic! i love getting them done; makes me feel like the princess that i am. =) after my appointment, i headed over to my wita's house to have dinner, then cake and ice cream for my little cousin Lexie's birthday. today she turned the big 6. that's right, folks, 6. of course, spending any amount of time with my family is always fun. crazy, but fun.

now i blog. the dishes are washed, the coffee is set for tomorrow, and i am getting sleepy. an early bedtime would be the fantastic ending to a fantastic day.

No comments: