Saturday, November 15, 2008

tattling

i hate tattling. hate it, hate it, hate it. if one of my students starts to tell on someone, i just send them back to their desk. it's ridiculous. that said, i'm going to tattle...on myself.

there are a few of my students, boys in particular, who have a habit of saying "dang it." i've told them multiple time not to say that, so they know that particular phrase is not allowed. as i was finishing up reading groups yesterday, i got a note from the office. the note said that we would have a jean day at school on monday since we brought so much food for the food drive. i got really excited until i realized that due to a previous engagement, i would not be at school on monday. before i could stop myself, i said "dang it!" a little too loudly.

oops.

i looked up and saw one of my sweet little boys standing right by desk. as soon as i looked at him, he gasped (a little too dramatic if you ask me) and immediately started looking around for someone to tell that "miss hernandez said dang it". before he could get to anyone, i exclaimed "no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no! don't tell anyone what i just said-it was a mistake!" he still had this grin on his face that said oh, i have something on you! of course the whole class heard me tell him not to say anything so they naturally started asking questions. one of the girls even pulled him aside to ask him. i saw him shake his head, but i wonder how long his silence is going to last.

that's what i get for opening my big mouth. dang it...i mean...see what i mean?

No comments: