Sunday, August 12, 2007

i've got the fire

you know how i told you that my dad and joey went to indianapolis this past week? well, i forgot to tell you why. (but really, you should be reading my mind by now.) this was the 52nd general council of the Assemblies of God. the national fine arts was held in conjucntion with that. joey made it to nationals for the 2nd or 3rd time (sorry joe, i don't remember), and so he went to compete and my dad went to judge. it's a big deal. huge. i mean, i didn't even make it to the national level until i was a senior in high school, and i had been participating since i was in the 7th grade. so joey, of course, did a wonderful job!

but joey, being the sweet brother that he is (when he want to be...come on, you know it's the truth), got me the fire Bible. it was just released at general council. joey bought himself one and then got another one for free, so he gave it to me! i'm excited about it. i started reading it last night with roddick, but he wasn't impressed. he fell asleep. he has a hard heart, as kelli says.

so i'm clearly thrilled with my new fire Bible. thank you, joey!



p.s. have you noticed that joey always buys me things? he's a good brother. i'm a lucky girl :)

2 comments:

gulp235 said...

and we all know how much you love suprises! ;)

Josiah said...

bethany, it was my fourth time to make it, second time to go, first time to compete, and i love you too!!!