Wednesday, August 15, 2007

first day of school

today cornerstone started their school year (on a wednesday! i gotta be honest with you-that kinda bugs me. it seems to me that school should always start on a monday, but i think that's just my personality). i was there with my camera, of course, because it was a big day for the hernandez family:

-today begins joey's senior year

-my cousin/goddaughter started k-4; she looked cute in her uniform!

-two other kids from our church started school at cornerstone today, one in k-4 (jonah)and one in k-5 (alyssa).

-this is hannah and kandra's first day of middle school.

-my mom has her own homeroom class this year. she's gonna do great!

tonight is the annual hernandez dinner so all the cousins can talk about their first day of school. i'll post pictures later when i get camera back. joey borrowed it for the day, i guess to document his first day of 12th grade.

on a side note, i saw parents crying as they dropped their kids off. i'm not even a parent, but i wanted to cry when i saw my cousins and kids from church go into the building. i just know that when i take my little kid to school for the first time, i'm gonna be inconsolable. oh, the things i have to look forward to...

No comments: