Thursday, December 11, 2008

school, music, and craziness

first of all, i would just like to say that i agree with kylah. kylah, you have validated everything i have felt for the last two days! you know it's bad when the teacher next door told says, "i'm sorry you're having such a rough time." um...yeah. even my aide has noticed how crazy things have gotten. but this too shall pass; we only have 6 school days left. hallelujah! and the christmas concert tonight put me in a better mood.

i told my mom that seeing my students stand on stage and sing their little hearts out made me fall in love with them all over again. as they stood with their beautiful dresses and cute little christmas ties, it was hard to imagine that these were the same kids who were driving me crazy just hours before. but they're my students and i love them. i love them so very much. i told them today that they were my favorite first grade class and they were NOT impressed. "miss hernandez, we're your only first grade class!" they exclaimed. how did they get so smart? and who is their teacher?!

and yes, i realize that i haven't yet told you of my recent decisions. i know you're hanging on the edge of your seat waiting for the recent revelations of bethany's life. but my parents just walked in with dinner, so i'm outta here.

c-ya! (how's that for a throwback to junior high?!)

4 comments:

lisoto said...

if your sister is aware about your life changing decision, I can just bribe her with $$$ and/or a cute outfit and she will spill the beans :)

A and A said...

actually beth, the better route for us to find out is to just ask tia velma. she knew even before you did!

AF Drummer said...

You're joining the Air Force! I knew it! I'm so proud..I think I may shed a tear!

bhernandez said...

You've decided to shave your head? Congratulations! Your favorite uncle