Friday, December 19, 2008

freedom!

that's right, people: i'm free! well, for the next two weeks at least.

i had an incredibly busy morning, but it was fun. i had to finish wrapping my students' gifts, but i couldn't find clear cellophane ANYWHERE. but my mom had the genius idea of using saran wrap, and voila-it worked! actually, my superhero, can-do-anything aide did it for me since i was entertaining six year olds and their parents. i love her. anyway, i totally hit the jackpot today. i got great gifts and it was so much fun opening them up in front of the kids. i got jewelry, chocolate, stuff for my house and nativity sets.

and of course, this comes with a story: when i opened one of my nativity sets, i said "oh this is beautiful! i'm going to put this in my house!" one boy looked puzzled and asked, "you have a house?" when i said yes, a girl put her two cents in: "i thought you lived with your mom."

i couldn't stop laughing. poor kids. they probably always think i'm laughing at them.

actually, i am. but i do it in love.

anyway, joey and i went to lunch at red lobster (yum, yum!) and then i came home and slept for two glorious hours. it was heaven! now i'm getting ready for our church christmas banquet, which i'm sure will be fabulous. enjoy your weekend!

p.s. one of my gifts was a huge fleece blanket with coyotes on them. they look like our old dog, spunky, which makes me love blanket even more. i even took a nap with it today. so i love it. ok, bye.

2 comments:

SarahMc said...

I love that "nativity sets," was plural...so different from public school.

A and A said...

spunky died.