Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the car

before i start with the pictures, i need to say that my car is a huge blessing from God. i needed a car, and wanted a certain kind. God provided both. i wanted a car like my last one: a honda accord leather interior, 6 disc changer, and sunroof. i know, sounds selfish and something that i can't really afford. my mom kept reminding me that they got a great deal on my old car and not to expect the same thing to happen twice. but i didn't think that praying could hurt, especially since He had already answered a rather large prayer request just the week before. i had about a week and a half to look for a car, and i was going to be in florida for a week, which left me with very few days to buy a car. two days before i had to be at inservice for school, i bought my car. there were so many little things that came together and i don't want to bore you with the details, but i do want to share with you my favorite detail.

when it became apparent that i would need a new car, i told my dad exactly what i could afford. i quoted a price that i wanted to pay a month. when we sat down with the finance guy (two weeks after the conversation with my dad), he showed me what my monthly payments would be: $.45 more than the price i quoted my dad. i almost cried; instead i whooped for joy! i turned to my dad and exclaimed, "DAD! THAT'S WHAT I TOLD YOU! THAT'S WHAT I TOLD YOU!" poor finance guy. he didn't know what to make of me.

so i bought a car. oh, and did i tell you? it's a honda accord with leather interior, 6 disc changer, sunroof, AND satellite radio. isn't God good?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God IS good! Congrats on your new car! :0)