Friday, September 28, 2007

bethany and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad night

okay, it wasn't that bad. it just didn't start out great.
here's the story: all week long, i had worked very hard on my lesson plans. i specifically planned it so that i would have most of the lesson plans done by thursday night so i wouldn't be at the computer all day. my bedtime goal was (don't laugh at me): 9:00 p.m. i was so excited. i left school yesterday thrilled because i only had 3 lesson plans to do and i knew it wasn't going to take long. i, for once in my life, had not procrastinated and the payoff was gonna be great. here's the breakdown of my so-called relaxation night:

4:30-completed 1 lesson plan
4:45-fell asleep
5:20-ran errands
5:45-started dinner
5:48-power goes out but i finish cooking in the dark. we have no candles or flashlights...surprise, surprise
6:15-kelli and i eat dinner in the dark
6:45-we go to my parents house to see my mom and brother who had been out of town all week
8:00-mom takes me home because kelli took her car to study and alas, i was carless
8:01-power comes back on
8:02-turn on computer, pull up the internet to finish my lesson plans (i'm going to bed early, tonight!!!!!!!)
8:03-internet doesn't work
8:04-try to diagnose the problem, but i have no idea what the heck i'm doing
8:05-try again
8:06-try again
8:07-try again, yell at the computer, call it stupid, all those good things
8:18-finally break down and call my dad-he can fix this!
8:30-he can't fix it. i call suddenlink. i'm on hold. (great...)
8:35-still on hold (i don't think i'm gonna make my 9:00 bedtime)
8:40-still on hold (it's getting closer)
8:45-still on hold (closer....)
8:50-someone answers!!!!!!!
9:00-lady can't figure it out (I SHOULD BE IN BED RIGHT NOW!!!!)
9:30-lady tells me that she can't fix the problem. i have to call someone else. (WHAT?????)
9:45-call my dad; he tells me to go over there to finish my lesson plans
10:00-i gather up my things and drive over there
10:40-i have finally finished. it normally doesn't take me this long to do 2 lesson plans, but i was tiiiired.
11:00-drive home, wash my face, brush my teeth and set the coffee maker for the next morning. priorities....
11:15-go to bed

oh no, it doesn't stop there. when my alarm clock went off this morning, i turned it off and slept another 45 minutes. when i finally got out of bed, i walked into the bathroom and washed my face. then i brushed my teeth. but i couldn't figure out why i didn't have the minty freshness in my mouth. usually, it starts working right away. when i spit it out, i found out why.

i brushed my teeth with my face wash.

i had thoughts of that children's book, alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. if you've never read the book, you need to. it's funny.

fortunately, my day went much better than alexander's day. the kids were hyper, but not horrible.

at least my teeth were exfoliated today.

thank you, Jesus, for a good day!

4 comments:

lisoto said...

OMW!!! I really shouldn't drink while reading ur blogs....i just about choked on my pepsi/pizza! did the computer get fixed?

Jehu Hernandez said...

Beth can't respond right now. Her internet is still down. It must be killing her!

Bernice said...

Too funny....you must be related to the "Lopez" family (my Mom's side of the family). Thats the kind of stuff I thought "they" only did (notice, I didn't say "we").

Court said...

Beth...i'm so sorry about your day! That sounds horrible, but it was kinda funny the way you wrote it! I'm glad your teeth got exfoliated too! haha!