Monday, June 16, 2008

we have arrived

i'm in dallas!

for the first time since i graduated from high school, i have a free summer. i'm not working. i'm not going to school. I AM ON VACATION!

as the school year was winding down, people kept asking me what i planned to do this summer. my response was, "everything i haven't been able to the past few summers because i was working and had to go to school." one of those things included coming to district council. this is a big deal, guys. i have very fond memories of district council when i was younger. we went as a family (the whole hernandez family, not just our immediate family), so i was with my cousins. as i got older, the whole family quit going, but of course i went with my parents and siblings. i think the last time i went to district council was in '02. it's been a while.

when my dad mentioned district council this year, i said, "i'm there!" so here i sit in our incredibly luxurious hotel (the hilton anatole...niiiiiiice) blogging on my beloved laptop, sipping on coffee. the coffee maker makes the coffee directly into the coffee mug. it's delicious.

the view right outside our door is so pretty, so i'll post pictures soon. the oh-so-comfy bed is calling my name.

i could so get used to this.

No comments: