Wednesday, June 25, 2008

jobs

it occurred to me yesterday afternoon that i'm incredibly blessed when it comes to jobs. i have had four jobs in my lifetime. they have all been great, and they have one really cool thing in common: they all came to me; i never sought them out. when i filled out the applications, it was with the knowledge that i was already hired. pretty cool, huh?

  1. i didn't work through high school, but i started my first job a week after i graduated. the mom of one of my friends asked me to work at her montessori. i worked at that job for a year and a half until i realized that i needed to be concentrating on my schoolwork (being a music major means that you have no life...sort of like teaching).
  2. soon after i had changed my major from music to education, i went into the art & music office to get a book that someone had left for me. as jaxine handed me my book, she asked if i was looking for a job. turns out that her work study was about to student teach, and somebody had passed on my name. i was hired within the week. it was in that office that the "office princess" first came to be.
  3. in 2006, lennon asked me to work for him. it was a much harder decision than i let on, because it meant leaving a job that i loved and could do in my sleep for another one that would take much more out of me. this job was ministry. i knew what i was getting myself into, which was probably why i hesitated a little. but like the jobs before, God blessed me. that year is one that i will always cherish. i would have worked for lennon until i graduated; unfortunately, i had to quit working so i could student teach.
  4. when i had about three weeks of student teaching left, my current principal offered me the job i now have. i graduated on a saturday, and started my job the following monday.
blessed? i think so.

No comments: