Wednesday, June 13, 2007

old friends

today i heard from a friend that i haven't talked to or seen in a super long time. i met her in the 2nd grade, and we went through all our elementary, jr. high, and high school years together. i miss her, but i'm so glad that i get to talk to her again.

for those of you who don't know, i graduated with a class of 9. huge class, i know. and i had known all of them almost my whole life. we were super close.

if you had asked me five years ago when we graduated (five?! oh my word...), i would have said that we might not see each other all the time, but that we would never lose touch. how incredibly naive. one of my friends just moved back to town with his wife (when did we get old enough to marry?), so that makes just four that live out of town. ask me how many times i've seen the others. actually, don't.

i thought about putting a picture of all of us on our senior trip (a cruise to the bahamas; life was good back then), but i opted not to. trust me, it was the right decision :)

i'm gonna make a bigger effort to get and stay in touch with the others. they're too special to me to just let go. i love you guys!

3 comments:

WeWoLee said...

Hi Beth-
You graduated with only 9 students....Whoa did yougo to an Omish school?! I was 3rd in my class.

Lil said...

Wewolee, so how is it that you were 3rd in your class but you don't know how to spell "Amish"? :) By the way, how many were in your class?

WeWoLee said...

Oh Hi- I was in the Top 5 , but only 4.....thanks for putting me in check.......that was humbling