Wednesday, September 3, 2008

nosy rosies...

a conversation i had with my first graders today:

kid #1: miss hernandez, do you live with your mom?

me: no, i don't

kid #1: well then who takes care of you?

***i began to ponder how to answer this question

kid #2 (to the kid next to her): i think she's married

me: i'm not married (with no bitterness at all in my voice...)

kids begin talking amongst themselves...why is she not married? is she going to have kids? who takes care of her? where does she live?

oh the mysterious life of a teacher...

2 comments:

mari said...

well, who does take care of you?

Tell them, "God."

SarahMc said...

I love that you said...with no bitterness in your voice...

A 20 year old girl told ME her "clock was ticking." I promptly told her to shut her mouth.