Wednesday, September 17, 2008

i AM married!

as i may have mentioned before, my students are a bit curious of my personal life (which, incidentally, has spilled over to the 2nd grade; now they want to know if i have a boyfriend and if he's hot. insert shocked expression here).

today one of the teachers was thanking some people for helping with a skit that her class had done, and she said, "and thanks to mr. hernandez for helping build the set." one of my boys turned to me and said, "so you ARE married, miss hernandez! that teacher just said mr. hernandez, so that's your husband."

i laughed and said, "uh, no, it doesn't really work that way, sweetie."

because you'd better believe my last name is going to change. oh, you'd better believe it.

3 comments:

kj said...

that reminds me of when paxton saw a picture of me and michael. "yeah. that's miss henry and mr. henry." so cute they are! :)

Bethany Hernandez said...

oh i remember paxton! i just loved his little curls...cute, cute!

gulp235 said...

were they talking about your dad? LOL... =P