Tuesday, May 6, 2008

why i live

about 4 years ago, i started a job that even now holds fond memories. i was one of the work studies in the art & music department at asu. because i worked in the actual office (not in the recording studio or music libraries), i was nicknamed "the office princess."

okay, i gave myself that nickname. BUT the name fit. so there.

it was a really good job. my bosses, jaxine and dr. scott, were wonderful. they were easy to talk to and many times listened to my seemingly many problems. and unfortunately, the time that i worked there might easily qualify as the most drama-ridden times of my life so far. bless their hearts. they put up with a lot from me.

anyway, back to real reason for this post. my primary job was to type up the programs for all of the concerts and recitals during each semester. back then, i could finish a student recital program (which occurred every wednesday) in less than 30 minutes. that included copying and folding them. during the middle of the semester, i averaged 3-4 programs a week. i could do those suckers in my sleep.

when i left that job to work for lennon, guess what i did every monday? that's right, programs. technically, it was a bulletin, but i used the program template from publisher. same thing. i don't mind doing programs. i really don't. i just couldn't seem to get away from them. so you can imagine that when i accepted this teaching job, programs would not be a part of my daily life anymore.

WRONG!

word got out that i did programs for one of my jobs, so guess what i did tonight? the program for the music spring concert.

this is apparently my purpose in life. i might as well embrace it.

1 comment:

gulp235 said...

i never knew those were manually folded. i always thought that when they were printed, they came folded too.