Friday, May 30, 2008

no excuses anymore

i know, i know. school has been out for a week now and i still haven't updated my blog.

sorry.

in my defense, my aunt came from california a week and a half ago for joey's graduation and i've had a blast hanging out with her. she's so much fun. today all of us, minus my dad, went to run errands together, and she had us all in stitches while were in the van. she told us that we all belong in the circus, but she contributed to all the craziness. suffice it to say that kelli will no longer volunteer to drive the family around. =)

joey graduated last week, and it was a fun-filled weekend. we had more family come in from out of town, and we had a great time. i think i'll devote a whole post to that later on. i need to get pictures from someone else considering my camera is so slow that i didn't get any good ones.

what else, what else...

oh! i found out "officially" on wednesday that i'm teaching first grade next year. it had been in the works for about two weeks before, but certain things had to happen before they could tell me. apparently that happened this week. i signed my contract, went to my new room, and freaked out.

first grade's kinda a big deal. oh man...

in related news, i had to completely clean out my room since i was moving rooms. this wasn't a really hard job because 1) i have so little stuff since i only taught one semester, 2) i was in a small room to begin with, and 3) i moved into the room right next door (actually some of the other teachers moved my stuff because i was late getting back to the school...they're wonderful). when i walked into my old room, completely void of anything, i got a little emotional. i mean, it was my first room. i had my first class in that room. when i realized that i was getting so emotional, i realized it was time to go home.

so i went home and took a nap-'cause it's summer, baby!!!!!

1 comment:

lisoto said...

fun, fun, fun.....guess now i need to start looking for 1st grade stuff for your room :)