Thursday, September 30, 2010

a different story

every once in a while i read a phrase that sticks to me like that donut i had for breakfast to my hips. in other words, it sticks!

anyway (sorry for the visual), i was reading in my Bible the story of when the twelve spies went to canaan to scout out the land they knew God was giving them. ten of them came back with eyes and hearts full of fear, while two came back with eyes and hearts full of God. while i was reading this (i was reading in the messsage paraphrase, since that's what my devotional book uses), i was struck by God's response to His people. He's frustrated, and understandably so, because after all He has done for the people of israel, they continue to gripe and complain because things aren't easy enough for them. as He explains what will happen to those who saw what He did for them and refused to acknowledge His power (number 14:20-23), He turns the mood when He talks about caleb. in the message, it reads, "but my servant caleb-this is a different story."

"this is a different story."

in a world full of corruption, liars, negativity, greed, confusion, and strife, i would love for God to look down and say, "but my servant Bethany-this is a different story. the world doesn't acknowledge me. the world doesn't respect me. the world doesn't follow My ways and doesn't follow Me passionately. but bethany-SHE is a different story."

i don't know about you, but i desperately want this for my life. i want to hear those words uttered from the lips of God. i want to feel His smile on me as i go throughout my day-as i work, run, play, and sleep.

this challenge is for you and much as it is for me: are you a different story?

No comments: