Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the thing about third graders

some stories to pass the time:
  • one sweet boy made me a cute sign-"beast teacher ever". my question is...what? seriously, how could he spell teacher right, but not best? or did he really mean beast? ah man...
  • i got a gift on monday! guess what it was? it was a pillow. yes, that's right, a pillow! granted it is really small (more like a mini pillow), but it was a big deal because my student made it. she actually made me a pillow. thread, fabric, and all. i was in awe.
  • i overheard one boy ask his friend, "hey, how do you get on skillet.com?" i had to stop myself from laughing at loud. oh, so cute.
  • one girl told me last week, "miss hernandez, i got to stay up until 9 o'clock last night!" she's a daredevil, that one.
  • one of the students called me mrs. anderson last week. when i asked him what my name was, he replied, "um...i don't know." did i mention that was during the 5th week of school???
and that's all i have for now. my brain refuses to remember any more. enjoy the rest of the week!

No comments: