Thursday, September 3, 2009

everything

third graders notice everything.

EVERYTHING.

two weeks ago i got myself a hershey's bar with almonds to eat at some point during the day. when my kids went to music, i scarfed it down in .5 seconds and threw the wrapper away. later, when my little darlings came back to class, one of the girls came to my desk for help with her work. on the way back to her desk, she abruptly turned around, looked at me accusingly and said, "YOU HAD A HERSHEY'S WITH ALMONDS!! I LOVE HERSHEY'S WITH ALMONDS!"

um....when did my third graders start checking my trash???? and what made her think that i would have shared my chocolate had i known that she "loved hershey's with almonds!"?

on a different day, as we were walking into the classroom together, another girl said to me, "miss hernandez, why do you wear something black every day?" i had to stop myself from saying, "duh!"

but really...duh.

No comments: