Friday, October 15, 2010

i'm older than i look

SOMEHOW my class started a discussion on the year i was born. i don't know how or why, but they thought discussing my age was somehow appropriate. one girl asked, "miss hernandez, what year were you born?"

"i'm not answering that question," i answered.

"just put 1978" said one boy.

"HEY!" i said, before i could stop myself. then of course everyone knew that 1978 was not the correct answer. thus began some outrageous guesses....

"1824?"

"1301?"

"1776?"

hardy har har. out of pure self-defense (and because they're smart enough to figure it out, especially since they already know my age), i broke down and told them my birthdate.

you, however, have to guess.

:)

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Beth, this is very interesting to read. Will be coming back here often. Have a great day.
Barb

Diana said...

hey...
that's a funny story. I visited the US the first two weeks in october. And I had never show before my ID for so many times. So I felt honoured, because they thought I was younger than 21...
Enjoy it and have a nice day.
Greetings from Germany

anushri said...

Your blog is one of the most interesting blogs i have read! Your posts are awesome. Care to see my blog? Im new to blogger!
http://websitegoofs.blogspot.com/

anushri said...

Visit my blog please and do comment! Dont forget to subscribe if you like it!
This is the blog:
http://sites2killboredom.blogspot.com/

wilson nunes barbosa said...

I will follow your next posts. Keep it up. http://the-snakers.blogspot.com.br